Flexible Polyurethane TPU Filament - Orange - 1.75mm - 1 KG
Couldn't load pickup availability
Do you need help choosing the right material or 3D Printer for your application or require a quote to purchase? Contact Us
Our Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible filament. TPU is essentially polyurethane, it belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics.
Compared to traditional materials such as PLA and ABS, TPU is an elastic and flexible material that is almost odorless when printing. TPU feels similar to a tough rubber.
Now pooled on a 100% recycled cardboard spool.
Please see optimal print settings at the bottom of this page.
The shore hardness of our TPU is: 91A
This makes it flexible yet tough as well as easier to print and suitable for almost all FDM 3D printers.
TPU vs TPE: NOTE: Our TPU and TPE filament are NOT the same.
- The main difference between our TPU and TPE filament is that the density of TPU is approximately thirty percent higher than the density of TPE.
- Excellent "shape memory"; If an object is bent/stretched/deformed and then released, TPU will snap back to its original shape while TPE will struggle more going back to the original shape and if overstretched will permanently deform.
- TPU has a smooth texture and glossy finish, while TPE has a more "rubbery" texture and matte finish.
- Choose TPU when you want the part to be very tough, durable and yet flexible. Choose TPE when you want the part to be softer and have a more rubbery feel to it.
- TPU is generally considered to be easier to 3D print than TPE.
TPU is resistant to oil, grease and abrasions and has many applications including; automotive, power tools, sporting goods, medical devices, drive belts, footwear, inflatable rafts, profile applications, etc. TPU is also a popular material found in outer cases of mobile electronic devices, such as mobile phones.
Our TPU contains no plasticizers and is allergy-friendly and non-irritating to the skin.
TPU is resistant to hydrolysis and microbes.
TPU has an elongation at yield of about 600%.
- low-temperature performance
- mechanical properties
- tough-rubber-like elasticity
- shear strength
- oil, grease & abrasion resistance
|NET WEIGHT: 1 KG (2.2 LB)|
|220°C - 240°C||